Thursday, August 4, 2016

Yesstyle Haul+ Review (Japanese+ Korean Beauty/Fashion!)



So this is my 2nd time ordering off of Yesstyle.ca and this time around it went a lot more smoothly. The 1st time I ordered, there were address issues, and it was not fun. This time around, everything was in stock and got shipped really quickly, it took about 2 days to get my tracking code. It still took 3 weeks to get delivered to me, but that's just the consequences of getting things shipped from China. 

I bought mostly beauty products as they were having a summer sale, and everything I purchased was on sale (except for the Innisfree and choker). So the beauty products came packaged all in this bubble wrap, and the hat came in that plastic bag. 

*Update: Yesstyle is having a back to school sale. Everything up to 80% off*

 I will leave the link to everything below at the end of this blog post! 

Here are all the beauty products I bought. I bought a Japanese Biore pore strips, fake eyelashes, Innisfree contour shading thing, and a sailor moon liquid eyeliner. 


These are Biore strips, which I know I can find Biore very easily here in Canada, but I was like JAPANESE biore? I wonder if it's any different. According to the reviews, it's not the best Japanese pore strip, but it is a lot more effective than the American  Biore Strips. 
So, just looks like any old pore strip, and you would use it like any other. You peel the clear film off the black mask and then stick it onto a wet nose, and then wait about 10 minutes or until the mask has hardened, and then you peel it off, and see all the gross blackheads it pulls out. 
I used to use the pore strips from Botanical Choice which you can pick up at a Forever 21 for like $5. These are a lot better than those ones. I don't know if I just had a lot of buildup of black heads, but this one seemed to pull out more. 

I know it's totally gross (but you have to admit you love looking at what it pulled out) to show you all the blackheads, but I wanted to share how much it pulled out. I usually have trouble pulling out blackheads from the sides of my nose, and pore strips tend to just clear the top of my nose, but with this one, it pulled A LOT more from the sides, rather than the top of my nose. And as I was peeling, I could see the blackheads stuck onto the pore strip, and actually see it being extracted. 

This pore strip did leave a bit of that black residue, but it's not the worst thing that's ever to happen. I also had a lot of blackheads that got pulled out of my nose, but didn't stick to the mask, so I had to clean up my nose a bit. 

After you do use this pore strip though, I would recommend using a product that closes your pores back up, because this did make my pores bigger and the look of blackheads was back. 

For all you Sailor Moon fans out there, why would you not want this? Is this eyeliner special? Not really, I mean it's just a black liquid eyeliner. I kind of wished the actual liquid eyeliner itself had more sailor moon decorations rather than the box, but it's still really cute because it's baby pink. 

I don't know what it is about me and felt tip eyeliners, but I have the most difficult time creating a wing, maybe I just need to go back to brush eyeliners. This eyeliner is pretty black, it's a lot waterier than the Kat Von D tattoo liner, but this doesn't flake/fade away during the day. In fact, I can wear this to my 8 hour work shift, and it'll be totally the same as when I first applied it. 
This is a pretty thin felt tip, so you can be pretty precise with it. I also like how it stays on your eyes for the day, but can easily be removed with makeup remover. With the Kat Von D eyeliner, I remove it with the makeup remover, but there's still some flakes left. With this one, it's just one quick swipe, and everything is gone. 
Overall, it's not something to rave about, it's really just a regular eyeliner. But if you're a sailor moon fan, I mean why not? 


One day I just thought "hey I want to wear fake eyelashes" and so the hunt for the most natural looking ones was on. I don't like to buy eyelashes at Wal-Mart or Sephora, just because they tend to be made for western eye shapes. Asian brands fit better for my eye shape, plus for a pack of 5 eyelashes, this was $4. Aint nobody paying $13 for fake eyelashes. 
(1st pic: Right side of face has lashes, left does not. 2nd pic: both lashes are on. 3rd pic: I cut the lashes in half and only applied them on outer half. This is how I like to wear the lashes.)

This is the Innisfree shading powder in warm cocoa. And the thing I like about this, is that it's matte so I'm not sparkling it up everywhere. It looks very natural on my skin, no harsh brown line. It's not as dark as it looks in the packaging, so if someone wanted to use this but had a darker skin tone, it probably wouldn't show up. 
I kind of wished this smelled like chocolate because it's called warm cocoa, but that's pretty unlikely since this was like $9 and too faced's actual chocolate smelling products are like $25. 

This is the choker that I bought, and usually I don't wear any necklaces or rings, because I just don't like the feeling around my neck, but I was like it's for my aesthetic goals right now! This choker is actually pretty good quality for something that's $4. The little triangle piece is a little cheap because it's just some thin wire bent into a traingle, but it doesn't look shabby, and the velvet choker ribbon part, thing, is really soft and doesn't bother my neck at all. This is just a great piece, and I have absolutely no complaints. I like how the adjustable chain is long, so you can adjust the length to what you want it to be. 
And then last but not least, I bought this baseball cap which has a little snapping hand embroidery on it. And the back of the cap says Love. I like that this cap is adjustable which is great, because I have a small head. I also like how this cap isn't too flat (like the hats at Brandy Melville) and it's a great hat to wear when you have oily hair.








No comments:

Post a Comment