Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Get Ready With Me (GRWM): Grad beautyedition

My Grad was on June 25th and I thought I would just show you the products I used to get ready as well as a mini review of the products. *Heads up* this post is a lot lengthier than I thought it was going to be, but it's a through review so I assure you, it's worth it if you're looking into some Korean Beauty Products as well as some hyped products!!!

I ex foliated my face with "The Face Shop" Honey Black Sugar Scrub. When you squeeze the product out, it comes out as this dark brown kind of gelatin like substance. Use a good amount to really cover your face. This has that grainy sugar feel, but it dissolves pretty quickly once you apply on your face. I'm not sure why it's called "black" sugar, because the picture is clearly brown sugar cubes. This scrub isn't that harsh so I'm not sure if it really scrubs away dead skin, but it does make your face feel smoother. This scrub also smells delicious (who doesn't like brown sugar?) and overall this is pretty good for a gentle ex-foliation. 

Next is another product from The Face Shop, and it's the New Zealand Volcanic Clay pore cleansing scrub, which is meant for your blackheads. Again, The Face shop seems to have a thing for "black" in their advertisement, but essentially this is supposed to be some volcanic clay from New Zealand that clears your pores. In the 2nd picture, when you squeeze it out, it comes out as this milky light blue colour. Once you apply a pea sized amount on your nose (make sure you was your face, and apply toner before) and rub it in, it turns black and should feel a little hot. It's kind of like a heated mask for your nose. Leave it on for 15 minutes and then rinse off. Now, to tell you the truth I feel like this product doesn't actually get rid of the blackheads, pore strips seem to be more effective because you can see what got peeled off. This product sometimes I feel like it MINIMIZES the look of the black heads, but I don't use this everyday like you're supposed too, so maybe that's why I haven't noticed any grand changes. 


After the cleaning of my face, I apply this lotion from Tony Moly called "dear me." It's a nice light lotion that comes in a pump form and I usually use about 1 pump for my entire face. This has no particular scent and it's not anything special, I just use it as a daily lotion. It lasts forever and I have a really sensitive face (sunscreen is always a problem) and my face hasn't reacted to this lotion yet, so that's a plus. The only thing I'm kind of iffy is about is the pump, it is effective and I like the pump style, but once I get low on product, will it still come out? Or will I have to throw away what's left of it? 

Next is this eyebrow sharpener, which is flamingo like, and when you open the beak, there's a blade. It's small and compact, but the blade is very sharp so be careful. Most Asians use these instead of tweezers. I like to use this because it quickly trims the hair without causing redness or anything like that. The only thing is, just like shaving, this cuts the hair so your eyebrow hair does grow back quicker than if you waxed or tweezer-ed them. 


Starting from left to right: the 1st product is Tony Moly's cooling CC cream, which comes in an aerosol format, so when you push down on top, CC cream comes out onto the pad, and at the same time has this cooling effect which feels like an ice pack on your face. I'm not very fond of the aerosol packaging as I like to have product on my face and rub it in. With the aerosol, you can't really spread it around and it dries quickly. I also find this product is very drying to my face. Also, I know that Asian beauty products do a lot of whitening and making your face whiter kind of thing, and I don't know if this just isn't my skin colour or if it is whitening, but when I apply it, it makes my face look pale. When the product comes out on the pad, it looks like it would be tanner, but once it's on your face, it's at least 2 shades lighter. The way it makes my face paler in a way makes the blemishes look less noticeable, but I would not re-purchase. 

The next product is the Tarte  12 hour Amazonian clay blush in Captivating which is a nice peachy-coral colour which looks surprisingly good on my skin tone, because coraly-peachy colours tend to not look that flattering. I wouldn't say this lasts 12 hours, but it gives a good natural flush and does last through the summer heat.

The Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade in chocolate is AMAZING. worth all the hype. It's this soft gel eyebrow filler, which looks super natural and super easy to use. It lasts all day and I prefer this over pencil because I find that when using pencil, it can look a little harsh. But this looks really natural and I think everyone needs this as a staple make-up item. 

Last item is the Nivea lip butter in Raspberry Rose. I haven't tried any other flavours so I can't tell you if this flavour is the best one or not. But this chapstick is actually my holy grail chapsick, because I have chronic dry lips no matter how many times I re-apply chapstick or use hydrating lipsticks or do lip scrubs. My lips are constantly dry (maybe part of it is I don't drink enough water...) But I use about 4 different chapsticks at the same time in one month. I've tried EOS (the mint one was ok I liked that tingly feeling, but recently when I've used EOS it felt oily and gross. I've tried Burts Bees, and the mint one is the only one I'll use because the mango one literally did nothing for my lips except sit there. I've had the L'Occitaine rose lip balm, which I didn't really like because I don't really like the flavour, and it felt kind of oily) But this chapstick smells great, softens my lips, doesn't feel oily and it just makes my lips feel so hydrated. IF ANYONE HAS OTHER SUGGESTIONS FOR GOOD CHAPSTICK OR IF THEY'VE TRIED ANY OTHER NIVEA LIP BUTTER FLAVOURS, LET ME KNOW!! 

And I just wanted to insert a pic of my grad dress (and look at that tarte blush!)
other products I used was Sephora's liquid eyeliner in black (which is ok, it's nothing special) and Smashbox's full exposure mascara which I find doesn't really do anything for my lashes. :( because Asian lashes are straight and even with eyelash curler, it doesn't stay curled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment