Tuesday, April 4, 2017

An art student aesthetic



I don't know if it's because I actually purchased this shirt in Prague, that it makes me feel like I'm some art student in Europe who wears berets and lives in a small cozy red brick flat drinking coffee and sketching, but that's how this shirt makes me feel like I should be living my life. 

When in reality, I'm not really a coffee fan, I don't own a beret (although it is my lifelong dream) and obviously I don't live in Europe because my life would be hella lit if I was. 


But this outfit is super casual and simple, but I don't know,  just something about this look makes me think about being an edgy art student (which I guess in some ways I am, because I am actually an art student who attends an art school.) 

I'm wearing this Franz Kafka shirt which I bought in Prague at the Jewish Museum. I thought that this print was cute, but I've read a couple of books inspired by Kafka, and I am in the process of actually reading his book Metamorphosis. 
I wore black jeans for the black on black and wore this denim jacket to break up all the darkness. 

Swing my yellow Fjall Raven over my shoulders and voila, the art student look is complete. A shirt, that no one probably knows what it's about, a tumblr hipster backpack, and a 90s style denim jacket, and you've got yourself the ultimate beret wearing coffee induced, sketching all night art student. 

T-Shirt: Prague
Jeans: Gap
Jacket: Simons
Backpack: Fjall Raven Kanken



No comments:

Post a Comment