Tuesday, March 21, 2017

March Discoveries (beauty, movies, places +more)

This is the third installment of the "monthly discoveries" series.
Beauty:

This is the Nudestix from Urban Decay in the colour Purity. I love the formula of this lip pencil, it's a matte finish which glides on really nicely. It's not as drying as other matte lipsticks, and I like how natural this colour is. 

It's a mauve/ baby pink colour and it's a great for an everyday lip. I also like the case it comes in; the lid is a little mirror and it also comes with it's own sharpener. I picked this up at Sephora for $28

Next is this body lotion which is honestly the hugest bottle, and it was only $7 at Wal Mart. I like the scent of this because it's cocoa butter so it kind of smells like chocolate. It says it's for extremely dry skin, which would be me because I never moisturize, but this is also good for people with stretch marks, and can be used as a hand or body lotion.

Movies:
Shanghai Calling
This was a movie that I discovered maybe 3-4 months ago, but it's such a great movie I wanted to share! 

Shanghai Calling as a 2012 romantic comedy which, if you know me, you would know that Daniel Henney is someone I have an everlasting love for, and is my celebrity crush. So not only is seeing Daniel Henney for 2 hours amazing, but this movie has a great story line and messages. 
I find it refreshing to see Asian actors on the big screen! Love seeing an Asian man playing a LEAD romantic role! But I also loved how this movie combined humour with serious topics such as immigration and loss of cultural identity, and also the big scary world of major corporations. This movie seamlessly combined all those topics while making it super funny and adding some romance which makes this movie so great. 

Music:
My queen Nicki Minaj is back and her single "Regret in your tears" is my new jaaaaaaaaaaaam. It's so catchy and I like that it's kind of a calming song, it's not like an aggressive rap song, it's just chill. 

I also re-watched Hercules (of course the Disney version) recently and I could say the entire soundtrack is my jam but "Go the distance" is a song that just gives me motivation especially when I'm walking in 2ft of snow. I play this song and I'm like yes, I will go the distance and make it home. 

Places:
I finally, finally made my way to downtown Toronto and went to the Light Cafe! I've seen it on Instagram a couple of times, and I know some of my friends went and their food and drinks looked so pretty. Also they have this plant wall which is SO CUTE and this entire building is my aesthetic goals in one place. 


I ordered the Peach black tea (hot version), the Egg Osen baked potato and my friend got the berry iced tea, club sandwich and then we shared the black sesame waffle. 

The Peach black tea was really good. If you like fruity teas this is a good choice, it also comes with a side of honey. The baked potato (just the 1/2 not the combo) is REALLY SMALL. If you order this, you'll probably want to order something else but it was also really good. 

The berry iced tea is also really good, it's sweet and is kind of similar to the Passion tea lemonade from Starbucks, without the lemonade. 
The club sandwich is HUGE which me and my friend split. 

The black sesame waffle was the one I saw on instagram a lot, but we wanted to try it because black seseame isn't really a waffle flavour that's common. The heart shaped waffles were a bit hard to eat, but it was still good. Not sure if it was my favourite, I think next time I would order the Creme Brulee. 

Videos:
I feel like I always have some sort of youtube video to share with you, but this month it's this Youtube channel called Maangchi who is the cutest little lady and her channel is all about Korean cooking and recipes. I've tried out a couple of her recipes, and they're all super easy and delicious! My favourite thing to make is the Potato Salad.

Next is this video called "Superman Returns" which is a Korean Variety Tv Show about basically children of Korean stars, but this one video is the CUTEST thing ever. The dad brings home an octopus for dinner, but the kids decide they want to keep it as a pet. I never watch this show, but this clip is literally the cutest thing ever. This is the 2nd part of the adventures of the pet octopus.

That wraps up another monthly favourite! See you soon!











No comments:

Post a Comment