Saturday, February 4, 2017

Psychedelic Palm Readings+ quick hair tutorial

The men's section at Urban Outfitters is honestly such a gem. I don't understand why their section is so much cuter than the women's section. So this sweatshirt was a waiting game to see if I was going to crack and make the splurge. 

I've been eyeing this sweatshirt since the summer of 2016, and for Black Fridau UO had a buy one get one 50% off sale. So I was like great, I can buy this sweatshirt for like $30 and then just get another shirt I like. But for some reason due to "their warehouses" this one doesn't ship to Canada (literally the dumbest reason ever) and so my whole purchase became meaningless, and I decided not to buy it. But then they had this in stores, and I was like I'm going to try it on..... and that's the kind of long winded story of how now I own this at full price. 

It's a bit of a splurge considering this is literally just a sweatshirt with a graphic on it, but the inside is so soft and if I could wear this everyday, I would. The inside is that soft felt material, and sweatshirts/hoodies are literally all I wear so I'm really happy about this purchase. Also, I think the baby blue colour is different and cute. 
Also, the whole palm reading graphic is right up my aesthetics, and reminds me of those tumblr posts with the neon signs that say palm readings tucked into a dark ally. 

This is in a size small, and it's the perfect size. I do like to tuck in the bottom elastic part to make it a bit shorter and boxier. 

I decided to pair this with a pair of leggings, because it was Monday morning and I had a 9am class. But the night before I rewatched Lee Hi on Weekly Idol, and saw that she rocked these curled pigtails and a sporty black graphic shirt, and I thought that I could rock the same vibe too. 

To achieve these cute pigtails, you're going to need to divide your hair into two sections. I used tiny black elastics to put them into high pigtails. Then using your curling iron, start to curl your pigtails into sections. I curled my hair all in the same direction so it would give me that ringlet look. Don't be afraid to over curl your hair into tighter rings, as when your hair starts to fall, they'll look more natural. 

Hoodie: Urban Outfitters
Leggings: TNA
Lip Colour: Tansy from Colourpop

No comments:

Post a Comment