Saturday, February 11, 2017

Milk Tea Recipe

I was craving some milk tea, and it's super simple to make, so I thought I would share it with you! Milk tea is the same concept as Vietnamese Iced Coffee, but instead of the coffee taste, you'll be getting a tea taste, 
In a cup, steep black tea. The stronger the better! 

(I transferred the steeped tea to a different jar because I didn't want any of the loose leaf tea that escaped the steeper in this drink. Make sure there is no excess tea leaves!)
Add milk until it turns a light brown colour.
You can choose to vary the amount of milk (you can also substitute milk for soy/almond/coconut, etc milk) depending on how strong of a tea taste you like. 

Next, add sweetened condensed milk (I used about 2 tablespoons, because I like mine really sweet with not much tea taste) and put the jar lid back on and give it a good shake! This will help blend all the ingredients in rather than stirring with a spoon. 
Make sure to add the condensed milk while your drink still has some heat in it, as the condensed milk will not dissolve properly in cold temperature. 

Stick the drink in the fridge for a couple of hours until it's chilled, and you can add ice for a chillier drink! Optional: add some tapioca balls to make this a milk bubble tea! 

No comments:

Post a Comment