Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Sephora Favourites: Beauty Unmasked REVIEW

I wish I would have uploaded this ages ago because now it's sold out online (but I did see this at the West Edmonton Mall Sephora), but it took em forever to try out all these masks because you're only supposed to use these masks, maximum 2 times a week, but I wanted my face to take a break in between trying out the different masks. 
TREAT YO SELF EVERYDAY.
I wish I could live through that mantra and not be broke, but I am, and yet I bought myself this gift set....for myself. But skin care is so important, and although this was a little bit of a splurge, it's good to invest in some good skincare products, especially because my skin can be sensitive to the sun, new products, spf, etc. 

This was a super good deal though because I spent $47.00 on this kit, and the Boscia mask alone is $42.00


You slide the little red slip off, and the products come in this super pretty gold box. This kit comes with 6 products. The Boscia peel off mask, the Erborian black mask, Origins clear improvement mask, Algeist algae brightning mask and the Peter Thomas Roth black mask.




         
I've heard a lot of great things about this product, and this was probably the one I was most excited to try out (the Origins mask was pretty close!) I wish I could share a picture of what this mask looked liked on my face, but that was too embarrassing to post. 
When I squeezed out the product, I was so surprised, and I don't know why because the packaging says black mask, but it was so black. It was like looking into a black hole. 
I found this formula was a little difficult to work with, because it was thick and sticky which made it hard to apply evenly and make sure it was opaque on my face. I also ended up using about half the bottle in one mask application.
So after you apply this mask, you wait it out for 30 min. And for some reason I decided to surf Tumblr and use Snapchat while this mask was drying, so every time I smiled or tried to laugh, the mask would tighten and pull at my face. This mask is super restricting, so maybe read a sad book when you're waiting for this dry. 
I didn't apply it as opaque as I'd like to have, so peeling this mask was a little difficult because the layer was thin. It took me forever to peel it off, but I'm sure if you applied a thick layer, you could peel it off in mostly one piece. It's super important to avoid your hairline, and eyebrows, eye area because this mask is really strong.
After I washed off the rest of the mask, my skin was so smooth. It was a baby's butt. This mask made my skin feel like 1000 thread count Egyptian cotton. It also cleared some of the blackheads off my nose and reduced the look of pimples. But if you're looking specifically into black head removing, this mask isn't it. This mask mostly made my skin super hydrated feeling, and kind of glowy looking. 
Overall this mask was super great and I loved the effects of using this mask, but I can't afford to keep buying this mask, especially for the amount you're getting.


Rating: 4.5/5



I didn't know this was a Korean brand, and I had high hopes from it because Korean skincare products are usually really good. The package says make your skin look noticably smoother, more luminous and younger but I don't really notice that much of a difference. Maybe because I'm already young and there aren't many signs of ageing?? Maybe I have to use this consecutively for a longer period of time?? 
Any ways, this is what the product looks like. It has an amber colour that's in a gel formula. You apply a small amount all over your face, leave it in for 10 minutes then wash with lukewarm water. This sinks into the skin pretty quickly and when you touch it, it feels sticky, but it doesn't feel that way sitting on your face. It goes on clear and has an ok scent.

3/5 stars. 




I've heard amazing things about this product and it's always on Sephora's best selling list, but to be honest I didn't really feel like this was anything was special. I didn't really notice anything different. You have to put a warm towel over your face first to open your pores, which is kind of a task for me and I would be too lazy to use this "once a week or as often as needed" as the package says. 
You kind of just spread this mask out on your face as if you would with a lotion. And then wait 5 minutes or until dry, then rinse it off. This mask tugs way more than the Boscia mask which I thought would be impossible, but nope (and dumb me decided to be on tumblr whilst wearing this mask) when I laughed I thought my skin was going to rip off. 
After washing this off, my face was pretty smooth, but I'm not sure if I would go out and buy this as an individual product. 
3/5 stars



This mask is supposed to be like the best of the best masks. And I do think this is a really effective mask. It's really good for ex foliation because it's a clay based mask that you rub in circular motions on your face, then wash off. 
It comes off as this grey paste and you apply all over your face. The texture is a little rough and you can really feel the ex-foliation. Overall this mask was really good and also helped my face feel refreshed. 
4/5 stars




Okay, first of all, Sephora sells a 60mL bottle version of this for $70.00. How ridiculous is that. Any ways, you apply this mask all over your face and make sure you really apply it in there, so the little algae pieces ex-foliate in. Then you wait 5-10 minutes and then rinse with lukewarm water. I like the formulation of this one better than some of the other paste based ones. This one applies to the face very smoothly. 
I also wasn't expecting this green colour which is a lot like the mask of magnaminty from Lush. But it's very pretty and I had a lot of fun snapchattng people with a green ace pretending to be the wicked witch of the west. (that's my face being green, it's really embarrassing, but do it for the blog. (instead of do it for the vine..hahah I'm hilarious) 
So after I rinsed my face, I applied my apple lotion from Tony Moly, and I don't know if I had this mask on for too long (I forgot to put a timer) or maybe it's the lotion (which I've never had a problem with before) or maybe it's just this mask in general but some parts of my face got itchy. Not in a mosquito bite kind of way, but kind of like a scab has formed feeling. Maybe I'll try this mask again without the lotion, or a different lotion. But right after rinsing, my face did have this refreshing feeling. However, this is not something I would go out and buy with my own money. I actually prefer Lush's mask of magnaminty over this one.

3/5 stars.  





Wow, this mask got rid of all (or at least the appearance) of my blackheads. Like my nose is so clear. I think it actually clears blackheads more effectively than the Boscia mask, and that's saying a lot because I LOVE that mask. 
This mask is also much easier to apply than some of the other masks. It comes in this small jar, and the product is this soft, black paste you apply all over your face (obviously avoiding your eye and lip area). You leave it on for 10 minutes and then rinse off thoroughly with warm water. 
This mask feels really heated when it's on your face, and I guess that's it doing it's thang clearing all your pores. It doesn't leave your skin as soft as some of the masks that are in this kit, but this is great for purifying 
This mask retails for $58.00 which is sooooooo expensive because it's literally the tiniest jar ever, but I feel like you get more uses out of this mask than the Boscia because you need only a little scoop of this mask to cover your face because it's in a paste formula, as opposed to the peeling ones where you need to apply opaquely. 
4.5/5







No comments:

Post a Comment