Thursday, March 9, 2017

Fishnets that don't catch fish


I always thought fishnets were too scandalous to wear, and I still kind of think that. Like would I be wearing fishnets, heels and a leather skirt? Probably not. But I do like the edgy vibe that fishnets give, and they do make your legs look sexier. Not sure why, maybe because of the kind of scandalous connotation fishnets have? 

But because fishnets are a very edgy piece, I like to downplay them by wearing more modest pieces. Here I've opted for more casual fabrics by wearing a denim skirt and a boxy blouse. 


And to downplay the sexy fishnets even more, I wore my running shoes so I can try and keep this outfit more day time appropriate. I tried this outfit with a pair of knee high boots I owned but I think that was a bit overboard. Thus, the choice to wear flat or kitten heeled shoes are best.  I also like to wear my fishnets under some heavily distressed jeans which is also a great way to show off a bit of edginess while keeping it casual. 

This is the overall outfit. It's a bit different from what I would normally go for (I mean first of all, it's a skirt. I'm not that big on skirts.) because I don't know if I am fully able to rock the full fishnets yet, but I think it's fun to try something new with fashion. 

Shirt: :) my friend gave this shirt to me
Skirt: H&M
Fishnets: Forever 21
Shoes: Nike 


No comments:

Post a Comment