Wednesday, December 28, 2016

December Discoveries (Fashion+Beauty+Other cool things I've discovered this month)

Welcome back to another one of my monthly discoveries. I did one in September which I will link here. I didn't do any for October and November as I didn't really find anything that stood out to me in particular. Any ways, enough of my explanations, let's just jump right into it!

Videos:
I mentioned in the September discoveries the youtube channel 88rising, and they released this video called "Eataipei" which is a cinematographic masterpiece. This video explored the food culture in Taipei, and the food shots to the scenery to the music is relaxing and aesthetically pleasing.

This Buzzfeed video called "Children of Asian immigrants reveal sacrifices their parents made"  is the best video out there on Buzzfeed. Although I do enjoy their $20 vs $250 hot dog video, etc and their ladylike series; this video makes me cry every time I watch it, and really hits close to home. Even if you are not of Asian heritage, I think anyone can relate to this video if you have an immigrant parent or even parents in general. Because parents do a lot for their children in order to see them succeed, and I just wanted to share this so that you can be reminded to say "I love you" and "Thank you" to your parents as much as possible because parents are truly the most compassionate and selfless people out there. 

Music:
I love Kanye by Kanye West is the best 40 seconds of my life, and it's not even a song it's more like a 40 second rap of self-love, but the lyrics are amazing and just knowing that Kanye made a song about himself, and him acknowledging the fact he made a song about himself is the greatest masterpiece 2016 has to offer. 

I won't say I'm in love from the movie Hercules is MY FAVOURITE DISNEY SONG. I know there are lots of great ones out there like Under the Sea is a classic, Bare necessities, I'll make a man out of you (3rd fave), and Colours of the wind (2nd fave.). But this song (I wish it was longer than 2 minutes) is a great sing along but it's also really cute.

Tv Shows:
I literally started my month free trial on Netflix to watch this show. It's called "Midnight Diner- Tokyo Stories" and basically it's about this diner that's "open from midnight to 7 o clock in the menu. Pork Miso Soup is the only thing on the menu but I can make anything you want as long as I have the ingredients for it. Do I even get any customers you ask? More than you would expect." And it's basically just little short stories of people coming in and out through the diner, and it's very cute and relaxing and aesthetics. The opening theme song is also really comforting and it's only 10 episodes.

Movies:
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, strange name I know, but this was a great drama/comedy/romance movie starring Tina Fey, Martin Freeman and Margot Robbie. It's about Kim (Tina Fey) who goes to Afghanistan to be a field news reporter and the plot follows all the events that are happening and what it's like to be a reporter in that field. With a little bit of humour and a spark of romance, this was a very interesting movie to watch.

The Concubine, a Korean film available on Netflix was all sorts of crazy and messed up, but it was very thrilling. The story takes place in the Josen Era, which is the time period in Korea when they had kings and queens. Cho Yeo Jeong who plays "the concubine" will go to all lengths to protect her son from the queen who wishes to kill her. This is like the Korean version of Gone Girl. Usually i'm not interested in dramas/films placed in the Josen Era, but this really captivated my attention. But this features VERY mature content and you should know it can get very graphic, and does have a lot of sex scenes.

Beauty:
THIS SHOWER JELLY SMELLS AMAZING. Rose Jam is my favourite scent and this is pretty much a tie. Lush describes this scent as lemon, lime, grapefruit, lavender and geranium. It smells like this citrus-y clean scent. I don't really like the consistency of the jelly as much as the shower gel, as you have to crush the jelly into a loofah, and it can get a bit messy. But, it does foam up nicely like a gel would, and the scene is EVERYTHING. 


No comments:

Post a Comment